Thousands of products on the market—referred to as assistive devices —make it easier for seniors to take care of themselves and manage everyday tasks made more difficult by loss of dexterity, mobility, vision or hearing.
In this article, Comfort Keepers® reviews a brief list of devices that can enhance quality of life for many seniors at home. Local home medical equipment providers carry many of these devices, and you can find numerous suppliers on the Internet by using search engine terms like “assistive devices for senior citizens.”
These devices enhance the quality of life of older people and others with disabilities by helping them do more for themselves. Examples of these products include:
- Lift chairs
- Bedside commodes
- Dressing aids that help seniors button clothes or put on socks
- A key-holding device that makes unlocking doors easier
- A dispenser that makes it easier for people with vision or dexterity problems to replace tiny hearing aid batteries
- Eating utensils and writing pens that can be held comfortably by those with arthritis
- Talking watches or thermometers for people with vision problems
- Computer screen magnifiers and other magnification products
- Cooking aids
- Mobility aids
- And thousands more
Comfort Keepers offers devices of its own to help seniors live safely and securely at home. Click here to learn about the SafetyChoice® by Comfort Keepers technology solutions.